Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Surgery, Sub and Art Tech Tools

Unfortunately, I already had to have a sub in art because my little guy was scheduled to have surgery today to remove a screw that was placed in his right arm last year after he broke it at the park.

The good news is that sub planning was somewhat easier thanks to all the Art lesson videos I have been recording with the iPad.  I was schedule to have every second grade class today for 40 minutes each.  So I had them all working on making their Pinwheels for Peace.  I couldn't leave my computer for the sub to show the classes, so I had to download the video as an MP4, save it in Moviemaker and burn it to a DVD.  This can process can be a bit time consuming but the result is enabling the sub to simply pop the DVD in the player for each class and then assist them with the Pinwheel-makin.  I will let you know how it went......after tomorrow!!

In the mean time, I have been working on my presentation for the FAEA conference on October 2nd.  I will be presenting for the first time with my 'Elementary Art and Technology' mini workshop.  I started a powerpoint a while ago but a friend shared a Powtoon with me and I decided to play around with it and IT IS AWESOME!!  I found some great FREE templates to work off of and while I will modify my powerpoint a bit, I am definitely going to use my POWTOON because it is so more more fun and engaging.  Check out the two I made for art and the conference and then GET ON THERE and start playing around.  I give it two thumbs up and a glittery snap!  It is really cool!   http://www.powtoon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harper's Ferry