Sunday, August 17, 2014

BACK TO SCHOOL IN ART!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  School starts back for us TOMORROW!!!  Will I ever feel 'ready'?  I think probably not.....but I have kind of settled on our first art project.  This summer during the curriculum mapping with the other talented art teachers in our county, they mentioned requesting students bring notebooks to keep in art for vocabulary, sketching, etc.  I thought this was a great idea considering that EVERY student in our k-5 school will have to take the standardized Art End of Course Exam this year after Spring Break.   SO  I emailed the teachers and requested that students bring a notebook to their first day of art and I was able to get a lot of notebooks during the Tools For School event.   This notebook would also allow me to incorporate the #Marzano strategy of note taking to increase student achievement.

Then I started thinking about how to introduce these notebooks to my classes in an artistic way.  I have ALWAYS wanted to try making altered books with my classes but never really felt like I had the time....but with this notebook being an ongoing project that student's will be working on ALL year long- I thought this would be the perfect opportunity!

So here is my iMovie that I made to introduce the lesson to my students!  Let me know what you think and if you have any great ideas for using notebooks in art.  I'll let you know after this week if it was a SUCCESS- YES or a FAIL!

THANKS!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Harper's Ferry