Sunday, August 17, 2014

Elementary Art Critique!



As I am just now finishing up our Pacing Guide for the year with ALL the Elementary art standards from CPALMS, I couldn't help but notice the amount of art criticism that is expected from fifth grade.  I will honestly say that in the past, my art program has focused mostly on the the Art Making and Art history component of the Disciplined Based art approach, leaving the Art Criticism and Aesthetics just briefly touched upon.  I have been wanting to find a way to include more Critique into their curriculum and have found some great resources, including the Four Step Art Critic.  I found a great handout online here http://teacher.nicholas.kyschools.us/ejohnson/art_dept/Four%20Step%20Critique%20of%20a%20Work%20of%20Art%20Handout.pdf    but since my school is digital and we are trying to go paperless, I converted this form into a Google Form that my fifth graders can fill out on their laptops!  So I am really excited to try it out with them and see if they are able to use and understand it.  I am thinking we may use it in September after we have finished our Art to Remember Projects.  So here is the google form :https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDJpbjZCbzhtOHNxa180OGZlRk9yQVE6MA

And the poster/visual

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harper's Ferry