Monday, January 26, 2015

Lego Mondrian Art Lesson- SUCCESS!



Last week was such a busy week as I was preparing for the FETC (Florida Educational Technology Conference) in  Orlando.  The music teacher and I were not only attending but also PRESENTING  our first sessions on Digital Storytelling which went really well!  I was really excited that I got the chance to have my sub try out the Lego we received from Donor's Choose to do an art lesson.  So ALL the classes on Wed., Thurs. and Friday got to learn about Mondrian, the Lego artist, Nathan Sawaya, got to review the Elements of art and even do a little math!!!  So here is the video I left for the sub and my first grade class today got to finish their Lego art projects that they started last Wednesday, with the sub!!  It was awesome!  I am so excited to get other classes to try it out!

This lesson allows students to review PRIMARY colors, types of artwork, shapes in art and MATH!!!  Students can use perimeter and area to find out the space around and inside the shapes they created in their artwork!!  It was awesome!!
The lesson can be found here on my google drive.  I can't wait to try more Lego art projects to try!!!
I also have a TON of cool technology resources I got from FETC that I can't wait to share- so stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harper's Ferry