Friday, March 13, 2015

Fresh New Coat of Mouse Paint!


I LOVE the book Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh.  I have for as long as I can remember used it to teach kindergarten students basic color theory.  In the past, I would read or have the students listen to the book and then they would use a large sheet of 12X18 paper to draw three ovals and then use the primary colors- first yellow then red to make the first mouse orange and then yellow and blue to make the first mouse green and then red and blue to make the third mouse purple.


This year, I decided that in the spirit of the book, students should try painting the paper instead of the mice and it turned about even better than the previous years.
Here is the flipped video I made for students to follow along with as they worked.  You can see more of these beauties on our Palencia Elementary Artsonia page.  Palencia Artsonia

Last year's Mouse Paint- This one turned out cute!

This year's new mouse paint- paint the paper instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harper's Ferry