Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Lorax Landscapes for Read Across America and Dr Seuss!

Tomorrow Kindergarten will be working on this awesome art lesson from one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books; THe Lorax! This book is great for art teachers- because I don't know about you, but I SPEAK for trees, and hate when kids waste paper. This is a great opportunity to reinforce fluency with your kinder artists and inspire some creativity. I share with students the opening of the original 1970s Lorax video and we discuss how the land looks in the beginning when all the trees are gone. The skies and grass are dark and gray and then we talk about how the land looks before the Oncler comes to town. We talk about the important resources that come from trees and how we can help save trees (not throw away that paper just because you made one little mistake!) So here is my flipped video. I tell students their learning goal is to be able to identify the parts of a landscape and to create balance /symmetry by making a reflection. Lorax Flipped Video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harper's Ferry