Monday, May 25, 2020

Google Virtual Classrooms and the Artist of the Month Museum - A year full of art lessons and resources for Art teachers


I was so excited to see that teachers have gotten really creative using Google Slides and started making awesome 'virtual classrooms' as a result of the Covid related school closings and the transition to online learning platforms.  I LOVED the google slides so much I knew I would have to make my own and start playing with them.  It instantly became a HUGE project in my mind as I thought about creating a 'classroom' for each grade level for art and have pages and links to ALL the art lessons for the year!  HAH H  I have tried creating a year at a glance plans using microsoft programs and while they were great- I found that by December - my plans tapered off or started to diverge from the original framework.  While I am sure these grade level 'virtual classes' that I have begun making will kind of be the same- I have had a blast compiling art resources and think that they will making teaching any elementary art class a breeze!  

Unfortunately, with my crazy right brained ADHD brain, I just started hopping around and noticed that a lot of my lessons for each grade level revolved around a theme or artist for the month.  So I started making an Artist of the Month virtual art museum that would contain all the lessons and links for the artist studies for the month.  AND here it is:


I shared it to Facebook and can not take credit for coming up with the templates or the all the content.  It is merely a compilation of lessons, videos and resources that I have picked up along the way while teaching elementary art for over ten years.  One person on Facebook mentioned that I should wait to share it until it is finished but honestly- I don't think I could ever finish such a resource.  It is meant to be an ever growing and improving year long library that will be altered, edited and added to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harper's Ferry