Saturday, July 26, 2014

Giraffes Can't Dance Art Lesson



As I am working on organizing my elementary art curriculum for the new year, I got this overly ambitious goal of trying to create and have ready presentations or 'flipped' ready made and recorded lessons for each grade.  I know I am not possibly going to have every lesson for every grade recorded and ready for the new year but I want to at least try to have the lessons ready that I KNOW I will be using.  One lesson that I have used almost every year with first grade that is tried and true and yields successful results is the Giraffes Can't Dance art project.  It is based on an adorable picture book that I love reading and showing to the classes.  I decided to use Prezi to create my presentations instead of powerpoint because the powerpoint files are SO big and take up so much space and memory.  I also like the prezi flow and transition of the slide and the ease of adding multimedia content.

So here it is!  Hope you like it and feel free to use it in your lessons.  I also appreciate feedback so I can improve!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Harper's Ferry