Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pinwheels for Peace Art Lesson

I have been working hard to not only finish our Art Curriculum Maps for our county but also make a Year at a Glance or Scope and Sequence.  One of the first big school wide art projects that I have done for more than 3 years is the Pinwheels for Peace project.  It is an awesome and powerful school wide art installation project that I realized as I was going through the standards, meets a variety of expectations and learning goals in not only art but also science, social studies and math.  I made this prezi to present to students and also a socrativ survery to assess student learning during the lesson.  Feel free to look it over.  If you have never done Pinwheels for Peace, it is really a cool project that students can really excited about.
My Pinwheel Prezi

The Pinwheel for Peace Site for More info

My Socrativ quiz number 12185966 


One of the beautiful aerial shots that our pilot (the husband of one of our 1st grade teachers, Mr Palmatier) took from his plane.


Our banner we made to hang near the soccer fields

My Giant Poster Pinwheel
Everyone wore white during our Peace parade but of course I had to sport my sharpie 'tie dye' apron!

Socrativ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harper's Ferry